Design Your Own Engineered Wood Flooring for Your Home .
Engineered wood flooring from Wood Flooring Ireland is our side of a two-part relationship. You are our partner in the design, creation, and finishing of our hand-crafted, bespoke flooring. Each facet of the process from leaving the forest to the laying of your floor is cemented by this partnership—not unlike the many layers that go into your engineered wood flooring.
Wood Flooring Ireland is a family-owned business that brings the experience of really listening to customers, and the expertise in crafting wood flooring, both of which are required for viewing your vision, and bringing it to life.
Why engineered wood flooring?
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of engineered wood flooring, in general, and the advantages of working together with Wood Flooring Ireland, to design and produce the type of flooring your home deserves.
Benefits of engineered wood flooring
It is not surprising that engineered wood flooring has become the preferred choice of homeowners and in commercial premises that are searching for a special look that combines elegance and comfort durability and a floor that brings a touch of nature inside any home or business.
1. The great thing about the engineered wood flooring that you can buy today is that it looks just like real wood. When engineered wood was first introduced, it was considered by many to be the poor relation to solid wood, but even its harshest critics can’t say the same today. A high quality engineered wood floor from Wood Flooring Ireland will also add value to your home.
2. Apart from its great looks, one of the most significant advantages of engineered wood flooring over solid wood is the fact that it expands and contracts less than Solid Wood, this is due to the construction of engineered wood flooring. this means is that it’s safe to lay in environments where solid wood would risk damage. In particular, kitchen and bathroom environments, where moisture levels and temperatures fluctuate enormously, the right engineered wood floor won’t even bat an eyelid.
3. Engineered wood flooring is made up of layers and layers of plywood that are bonded together before being topped off with a solid wood lamella or top layer. The manufacture of our engineered flooring means that they are incredibly tough and will stand up to heavy footfall in both domestic and commercial environments.
4. The number of times that engineered wood flooring can be sanded depends on the thickness of the lamella or top layer, there’s no getting away from the fact that our Engineered Wood Floors can be sanded and refinished during its lifetime. Re sanding a floor enables you to bring the floor back to life when it’s looking tired. It is also a good way to get rid of surface staining or marking.even our thinnest engineered floor can be sanded several times , giving a lifespan of up to 50 years.
6. In the same way that solid wood flooring comes in a whole range of species and grades, engineered wood flooring has the same large range to choose from. This means that you can achieve the look you want as well as choosing the best finish to suit your home . Different wood gradings mean that you can adapt your choice to suit your budget or the look of your customised floor.
7. The way wood flooring planks are made, because the base of the boards are made of plywood, the planks can be made a lot wider than solid wood flooring without sacrificing the stability of the floor What this means is that you can have less joints in your floor in a really large area.
8. Herringbone and Chevron styles are also available in Engineered Flooring. What this means is that you can buy boards that already have your desired finished style in place, allowing you to lay a parquet or chevron floor
9. Easy to work with and quick to lay, engineered wood flooring lends itself perfectly to both DIY and professional installation. However we at Wood Flooring Ireland always recommend using a qualified Wood Floor Fitter for your installation.
CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING FLOOR STYLES
The following are the four main styles chosen for our engineered wood flooring. Remember that you can mix and match, depending on what you envision for your home. If you are interested in other styles, do discuss your preferences with us.
The traditional plank style is very adjustable, as your planks can be made longer, shorter, wider, or narrower. A wider style is reminiscent of an older, but a beautiful, traditional style. It may also make your room look bigger. On the other hand, a longer, narrower plank can also add depth to the room.
Chevron is a zigzag style of flooring, but is continuous. The pattern consists of short planks placed at an angle and meeting at a point. It’s easy to remember the difference between the herringbone and chevron pattern, chevron looks like the middle letter of its name. It’s a repetitive pattern of the letter V.
The herringbone pattern looks like, well, the bone of a herring – or any other fish, for that matter. This is not such a precise description because the pattern is a staggered zigzag. The short planks are cut very precisely in order for the staggering effect to work. Has an appealing appearance.
The Versailles pattern expresses a classical beauty that originated in the Palace of Versailles. It provides much scope for individual design because it can be produced in a number of patterns. The patterns are framed in square panels, which can be easily produced in engineered wood flooring.
- Make an appointment or drop in to our showroom and factory in Cork.
- Select your style (or styles) and colour.
- Select plank lengths and widths, where appropriate.
- Discuss and choose the finishing treatment.
- After ordering, grant us a 6-week lead time.
- After installation, enjoy your new flooring from Wood Flooring Ireland!